In the June 2021 round of renewable auctions, Solar PV bidders picked up around 2.2GW of capacity, the country’s Energy Regulatory Office (URE) announced. The initial auction for projects, with a capacity larger than 1MW, will result in the development of PV plants with a combined capacity of more than 1.2GW. In this session we will assess some of the questions which emerged from these results.
- Recent auction review: winning bids, prices, and locations
- With more auctions on the horizon, do recent events become a barometer that set government expectations?
- The impact of low bids – will they affect PPA prices, and do they set artificially low expectations of what the industry can deliver?
- How to prepare for an auction
- How can developers work effectively with suppliers and partners to deliver projects?